Welcome to Atomic Academia

ⓘ The Age of Data

All Ages What PE subject did you hate in college?

lindbergh

Legacy Member
Back in college, we were required to take up 4 PE subjects. Intro to physical education, individual sports, team sports, and the subject that I dreaded the most - dancing! I had no problem with the other three subjects but dancing?! I had stage fright. So imagine what I would feel if I had to dance in front of a lot of people? It was a very horrible experience. Fortunately, I had a beautiful partner. It kinda made up for it. Lol.

What PE subject did you hate the most?

I am in college now and we are not require to take any such class. Even in high school we were only required to have 1 P.E. class and if you were in sports or JROTC, that counted as your P.E. credit, even those doing cheerleading, danceline,flagteam or band.

I am glad though it's not require for college as I really don't see how it would be too helpful for most career fields except maybe trying to keep a person being active. I never cared much for P.E. in elementary or middle school because they would force us to do sports we may or may not like.

I love dancing and PE was one of my favorite subjects in school. I would say maybe anything involving running was my least favorite forms of PE. I actually ended up taking extra PE classes because I enjoyed it so much. When I was in Junior high I disliked wrestling and of course running.

I only took two PE classes, one I was told I had to leave from because of my blood pressure being to high they were worried about me having a heart attack or something. That was high impact aerobics. The other was Circuit Training.

Were you a PE major? Is that why you had so many PE classes?

I only took two PE classes, one I was told I had to leave from because of my blood pressure being to high they were worried about me having a heart attack or something. That was high impact aerobics. The other was Circuit Training.

Were you a PE major? Is that why you had so many PE classes?
Nope, I'm not a PE major but it is customary in my country to have 4 PE classes in college. I don't know why they made it as such though... Maybe they needed to do this in order to increase the number of classes that PE instructors would handle.

Glad I didn't have any high impact aerobics though. What drills were performed in that class?

LOL, was only in the class for two days before I had to leave. First day is introductory with no activity, second day is elimination day. Those who do not pass the medical exam can not continue the class. All I know is there was a lot of stretching and jumping around involved. There were no drills that I know of.

Well, that's a lot of P.E., that's for sure. We don't have that around here. You have P.E. only if you are, for example, studying criminology or sports or going to the police academy. If you're studying something that has no connection whatsoever with sports, you don't have P.E. which I adore. I hate P.E. I have always hated it. I never liked sports, especially team sports. They always made me feel anxious. I wouldn't mind dancing, though, but only if it was waltz... This is of course, if by college you mean university. If you mean high school, then the answer is different: we have two hours of P.E. per week. Too much, if you ask me. Unfortunately, there aren't many of us here who'd rather do math problems than jump around.

We were required to take swimming and then pass a swim test as well as one other sport or activity. I really wanted golf but that was super popular and it was tough to get a seat in the course. I ended up in bowling instead and hated it :banghead: Honestly, I was just horrible at it and still am. It was so embarrassing watching my ball go into the gutter time and again while the entire class sat and watched. At first, they were supportive but after a few weeks, I could just hear the groans.

We had for PE classes. I did not hate any of them. Even if I am not that athletic, I relished the fact that I can move around more. We had swimming, softball, and football. All were fun for me. Though the first time I actually swam was in PE class, so when we had to run laps, I was definitely far behind. Curse my stamina.

When I went to UB I opted out of taking a PE class by taking a Nutrition course. It was an easy A grade, but it was beyond boring. Now that I think back I wish I took Swimming. I could really use those classes.

In my college we don't have to take any phys ed unless it has to do with our major, which mine does not. Though they do offer 1 credit classes that anyone can take in like yoga or scubadiving and stuff like that.

When I was a sophomore in college, during the second semester, we were required to learn how to play volleyball for our Physical Education subject. And it was one of my hated college subjects ever. I am not really sporty; I am actually a little bit clumsy, and this subject brought the worst in me.

Dancing was and still is my fav however whenever it was time for me to participate in volleyball or netball that's the time I went missing from my PE classes.

Happily I did not have a PE subject in collage.

But in middle school and high school I alway had the worst panic attacks before PE, our teacher was very strict and always keep making fun of students.

I hated volleyball ever since I was in high school. I didn't have the skills for it nor was I taught how to really play it. No, our teacher never really taught us how to play it. There are some students who excel in it maybe because they already play it. But for a few of us, we dreaded volleyball practice simply because we aren't good at it. And that has lingered on until college since volleyball was also a part of my PE classes then.

Back