Welcome to Atomic Academia

ⓘ The Age of Data

Small breasts are best!

Sandra Piddock

Legacy Member
When the breasts were handed out, I was way down the line, and for many years it bothered me. I was the last girl in my class to wear a bra, and even then I didn't have enough to fill it. Remember those bras of the mid 1960's which had the circular stitching all around the cups? Well, if you didn't fill them with your attributes, they folded inwards under your school blouse. Pert little bosoms morphed into volcano craters, and after two days of ridicule from my classmates, I reluctantly ditched the bra for another year and returned to the dreaded Aertex vest.

With my boyish figure, one 1960's fashion trend which looked good on me was the cowboy shirt and hipster jeans look. I also had my hair cropped into the urchin cut and highlighted. I set off for the local hop feeling really good - until I heard two girls giggling behind me. 'Oh, isn't he gorgeous?' simpered one. 'I must get him to dance with me!' 'Hands off!' said her pal, 'I saw him first!' He didn't go to the dance that night, and the cowboy shirt and hipsters never saw the light of day again.

Things didn't improve much with marriage either. While my first husband wasn't particularly a breasts man - he was one of the 'More than a handful is wasted' school - he obviously realised that my attributes were way down the scale. One night in the pub, I heard him discussing breast sizes with his mates. One man said he liked cantaloupe melon-sized boobies, another preferred them grapefruit-sized. My husband said he wasn't that bothered about size, and he thought anything above the size of a medium orange was just too big for comfort. Then he spoiled it by adding, 'Mind you, Sandra's are more like eggs, and poached eggs at that!' Needless to say, he didn't get too close to my poached eggs for several days after that!

Now I'm 60, and I really appreciate my small breasts. I never need a bra, which is great, as we live in Spain. All my well endowed neighbours complain of heat rash under their boobies and white strap marks, but I'm cool and comfortable. I can sunbathe topless on the beach without worrying about white crescents underneath, or somebody snapping away with his camera phone and plastering my bosom all over Facebook or You Tube.

I don't suffer from backache, as there's nothing there to put a strain on my spine. And I don't have to worry about gravity either. My assets point west rather than south, just as they did on my way to the dance 40 years ago, and I can wear the strappy, skimpy fashionable tops while my larger sisters can only gaze longingly at the window display. Large or small breasts? Big may be beautiful to some, but for me, smallest is sweetest!

I wish all women could read articles like this. It should be a self-esteem booster.

For myself, I've never been particularly enthralled with women's breasts. Completely overrated. My wife has smallish breasts and she is perfect and sexy the way she is.

My husband also shares your sentiments, Taylor. He is of the opinion that 'More than a good handful is a waste.' It's the complete package that counts, not the individual pieces. My take has always been make the best of what you've got, and don't stress about what you wish you had. That applies to just about everything - not just breasts.

I was not signed in so I don't know if this was posted. I am returning to post my comment so it is read. It is when we develop self esteem that physical characteristics take their rightful place. All it takes is to read all the horror stories of women having the breast implants to realize it should be more about good health than mental self esteem. It is hard to overcome ridicule, and unfortunately many do that even if not with words, they do it with looks. Tayor who posted above me is a deep man without superficiality embedded in him. All grown up most men come to that smart place, but until they do, women will attempt to please the man looking for large breasts instead of seeing the inner person first.

I was not signed in so I don't know if this was posted. I am returning to post my comment so it is read. It is when we develop self esteem that physical characteristics take their rightful place. All it takes is to read all the horror stories of women having the breast implants to realize it should be more about good health than mental self esteem. It is hard to overcome ridicule, and unfortunately many do that even if not with words, they do it with looks. Tayor who posted above me is a deep man without superficiality embedded in him. All grown up most men come to that smart place, but until they do, women will attempt to please the man looking for large breasts instead of seeing the inner person first.

I think it's a sweeping statement, and an untrue statement, to assume that all women have breast augmentation just to please men! I personally know women who have had breast implants and it certainly wasn't to gratify any member of the male sex. Women should be able to do whatever makes them happy and confident without fear of vilification, and if that includes a surgical procedure then that's their decision. I, for one, am glad that I live in a part of the world where I am able to make such decisions for myself, many women are are denied this fundamental right.

Well my self esteem has been boosted, thanks! I have a very small figure, so my breasts have always been proportional to my body, but society's obsession with sexy curves leaves me with low confidence sometimes. My fiance never adds to these negative feelings because "I'm perfect the way I am" (I'm a lucky girl), but it seems as though all women grow up feeling one way or another that we are not "feminine" enough, skewing our perception of our true beauty, inside and out.

My husband said he wasn't that bothered about size, and he thought anything above the size of a medium orange was just too big for comfort. Then he spoiled it by adding, 'Mind you, Sandra's are more like eggs, and poached eggs at that!' Needless to say, he didn't get too close to my poached eggs for several days after that!

What!? Did he know that you could hear him?? Geesh.

And I agree that I'm quite thrilled to be on the smaller side. I still need a bra and I've been envious of larger boobs that fill out various outfits so much better than mine. In general, though, I'm so glad that I didn't get the super huge boobs like the rest of the women in my family. I can wear cute tops that none of them can even look at without suddenly spilling out of, lol.

Thanks for the post. It was a good read :) When I was 14 years old I was pretty much convinced that 32A was Satan's cup-size and I was determined to get a boob job one day. Never got the implants! Ten years later I'm naturally at a 34B and couldn't be happier. Big or small, I think it's just important to love your body for what it is.

I'm one of those who were blessed (or cursed) with big breasts. Instead of training bras, I started wearing regular bras in 5th grade. I was bullied. Also, I hate backaches and how my girls looked like after I gave birth. LOL. But I love my body and I wouldn't change a thing about it if I had the chance.

Thanks for the post. It was a good read :) When I was 14 years old I was pretty much convinced that 32A was Satan's cup-size and I was determined to get a boob job one day. Never got the implants! Ten years later I'm naturally at a 34B and couldn't be happier. Big or small, I think it's just important to love your body for what it is.
Just be thankful you didn't get the implants. I found out from a 'green' forum I visit that they're not good in landfill. How would they end up there, you may ask? Well, when you take off your bra for the final time and shuffle off this mortal coil, your silicone implants will have to be removed if you're being cremated. Otherwise, they explode all over the oven. Strange but true, and yet another reason why small breasts are best.

I have had big breasts and small breasts. No, I don't mean I had them myself. I am talking about the ones on the women I had. Since we are on the topic of small breasts, I will leave out my opinions about the big ones.

Small breasts do have that advantage of remaining pert and perky for a long time. Another thing I noticed is that small breasts apparently come with bigger nipples. Well, the ones which I have encountered any way. Not just bigger nipples but more sensitive nipples, too. Which gets the game going so much faster, so to say.

Well, the ones which I have encountered any way. Not just bigger nipples but more sensitive nipples, too. Which gets the game going so much faster, so to say.

That's definitely not true across the board, but yeah, for a lot of women that's the case. I wonder why that is. Maybe the nerve endings are closer to the surface because there's not as much flesh on a smaller one, so they're more touchy?

You are truly lucky! If you are 59, then you must look 39 just by that XD

I'm 26, and thank God I learned the lesson the hard way that absolutely nobody or nothing in this life should make you feel inferior, or that you aren't worthy because you don't fit the Barbie doll scheme.

That's definitely not true across the board, but yeah, for a lot of women that's the case. I wonder why that is. Maybe the nerve endings are closer to the surface because there's not as much flesh on a smaller one, so they're more touchy?

I think it's not so much the flesh but more a question of the fatty tissue.

Breasts, from what I have found out, are just masses of fatty tissue. So big breasts have a lot of fatty tissue. I would imagine that sensory signals get diminished when they have to travel long distances over fatty tissue.

Either that or women with small breasts are more appreciative of any attention paid to their diminutive attractions.

Yes, Victor. That's exactly what I was getting at. I was just being polite by referring to it as "flesh" instead of "fat." :p

You are truly lucky! If you are 59, then you must look 39 just by that XD

I'm 26, and thank God I learned the lesson the hard way that absolutely nobody or nothing in this life should make you feel inferior, or that you aren't worthy because you don't fit the Barbie doll scheme.
Thanks for the compliment, Matie - you've made my day! I'm actually 60 now, so I've edited the post, but that is a recent picture - I never use one more than a year old, as I hate the thought of misrepresenting myself.

Maybe I look younger because I haven't got the weight of my 'girls' pulling my face down into a frown! You're quite right of course - everyone is beautiful in their own way, and you should celebrate what you have, rather than worry about what others think you're missing.

Thank you so much Sandra for that article. It did a lot to boost my self esteem. I am also small breasted. I'm a size 32B. Being small chested was always a problem for me while growing up. I was often teased and bullied because of it. Reading the comments too also did much to boost my self esteem, too. I am beginning to feel more confident and comfortable in my own skin.

I don't see why people make such a big fuss about breasts. I'm the kind of man you'd call 'traditional' but come on, why do women have breasts? To breast-feed kids. If the size is OK for the kid as long as they get their momma's milk then any size is OK.

If men think breasts are there for them touch. . .

Wish I could have small breasts but since puberty menace to be what they are today, more than two handfuls and too much trouble because my personal story could be exactly Sandra's opposite, and since I don't have children nor want to have any, I think this is really a waste.

I love this article! :) I am now feeling blessed, and grateful to have small breasts. Well, having small breasts really doesn't bother me anyway.

Back