Welcome to Atomic Academia

ⓘ The Age of Data

How Hard Is It

Wizard

Legacy Member
How hard is it to join a school for the blind at the age of 21? We held a fundraising for one of my friends who got blind at the age of 20. I was wondering how he will get used to braille after successfully finishing his high school education normally.

Where are you located? There are a lot of good foundations that provide educational services for the blind, as well as community resources. If you live in the U.S.A, check out the National Federation of the Blind. I know of a few schools for the blind that provide adult education, and there are some community organizations that do as well. If he attends a college or university, they usually have a resource center for students with disabilities that provide learning services and teach students to use adaptive technology.

I am sorry to hear about your friend, and that is really sad to have that happen at 20. Seems like such a young age and to lose something like that at that time would really be a lot to handle. I hope that everyone is okay and that everyone shows support and helps him or her through a tough time. I am not sure on the question though, and I wish that I could help. Best of luck to you though.

Back