Welcome to Atomic Academia

ⓘ The Age of Data

⚛ Latest posts ↓

Best type of browser you use?

Makaveli3

Legacy Member
What is your favorite browser? I personally like FireFox it has every plugin I need and its pretty fast. I got to admit the chrome is pretty fast, but it doesn't have everything I really need, so id pick Firefox over it any day :).

Google Chrome. Hands down. It's very fast, simple and user friendly. I also use Safari sometimes because let's admit, Safari looks rad!

A while back I used Internet Explorer. I couldn't stand using this browser because it would always shut down unexpectedly and give me problems. I would always lose my work in the middle of writing something and it would become absolutely frustrating! I then downloaded FireFox and gave that a try. I really liked it. In the beginning of last year I had purchased a Mac and then started using Safari as my browser. I have never had a problem with Safari and I just love using the internet with this browser!

Carpe Diem.iM runs best on Firefox and Chrome, although I do not support the use of google's version as they ripped off chromium the open source original, and now have Chrome, they hardly even changed the logo, it's all about monitoring user activity. Scroogle used to be a site dedicated to allowing privacy within searches but sadly they're gone.

I think innovation from original projects is okay, but if someone built a search engine off googles code, they wouldn't be too happy. What's next Google Linu(x) operating system...

:)>- Fair Trade!

I use Internet Explorer for some email on one address, Firefox for some freelance writing articles and Chrome for most of my serious writing ventures. They all have a purpose so I take them as they are with their good and poor points.My favorite is Chrome after I got used to it.

I use Firefox for browsing internet. Even though Google Chrome is much faster, I can't use it as it doesn't have the plugins that I need for my work. The best part about Firefox is that it is very easy to customize however it does consume a lot of memory.

I use Google Chrome as I think its the fastest and most efficient browser. I used to use Internet Explorer but I stopped using that after I found Chrome.

I think Chrome is the best it tends to work the most efficient and fastest on my computer. The day I found Chrome I have not looked back at Internet Explorer lol

Having tried almost all the major Web Browsers, I can confidently say that Google Chrome is the best and fastest. With its Webkit engine, Google Chrome provides unmatched rendering of most websites as compared to either Firefox or Internet Explorer. I currently use one of the Chrome-based versions known as Rockmelt

I use Internet Explorer at home and Google Chrome at work. I had never heard of Chrome until someone at work mentioned it. I gave it a try when my Internet Explorer was acting up and I prefer Chrome. It's user friendly, larger design and works faster with no problems with dropped connections.

I am a Firefox fan.

Of course, I started my surfing life with IE. Then after one virus infection too many, I changed to Firefox. When Chrome came out, I tried it but never got to like it. Although Chrome has got many of the addons I use in Firefox, it doesn't implement them the same way.

I have also tried Opera. It's good but it's not Firefox. The best feature of Opera was the integrated mail function. Now I use Thunderbird for my mail and I don't miss Opera anymore.

As for Firefox's problem with ram and loading speed, I have been tweaking about:config and got some improvement. Also I am using the addon "Load Tabs Progressively". Now my Firefox isn't slow anymore. At the moment I am on Nightly 17.

If you are an ex-Firefox user now using Chrome, please give Firefox another go. The memory leak issue has already been addressed since version 14.

I prefer Firefox even if it's difficult at times to stick with it. Yes, it's a huge memory hog but Chrome has turned into one over the years as well and no other browser I've tried has the functionality and addon support like Firefox, so it's what I stick with.

I'm just glad they finally added background updating support so I don't have to install a new version every five days anymore.

I grew up using IE 7 and eventually I started using Firefox 2 which was the first time I got to use tabbed browsing. I never looked back. lol

Chrome is nice and fast, but I just can't tweak it like I can with Firefox and it doesn't have all the addons I want.

I've found Firefox to be atrocious with speed actually, and it's mainly because of all of it's memory leaks that it's never resolved for years. Up until recently it was crashing on me several times a day and slowing my whole computer down. A couple months ago I switched over to SRWare Iron, which is a more secure spinoff of Chrome. Chrome has pretty much all the plugins Firefox does these days anyhow.

I've found Firefox to be atrocious with speed actually, and it's mainly because of all of it's memory leaks that it's never resolved for years. Up until recently it was crashing on me several times a day and slowing my whole computer down. A couple months ago I switched over to SRWare Iron, which is a more secure spinoff of Chrome. Chrome has pretty much all the plugins Firefox does these days anyhow.

When was the last time you used Firefox? It hasn't had memory leak issues for a few years now...

Unless you use a ton of badly coded add-ons that is, but that's not the fault of the browser. Chrome can have major memory hemorrhages for the same reason.

Well my favorite browser was FireFox. But now I don't know, because it has been slow lately. When I first install it, it is fast. But after a while it gets slow. I must say that now Google Chrome is best browser.

It also freezes on things that it never used to freeze on.

I personally like firefox the best. However I am stuck using 3 different browsers.

If I could I would use firefox because I am the most familiar with it. As well as to me it seems like it is the fastest compared the the other 2 browsers I am currently using (Safari, Google Chrome). I also enjoy how easy it is to customize firefox to reflect my personality by either changing the layout or adding skins to the browser itself. Not to mention the fact that it has great 3rd party program's for basically all my individual needs.

Google Chrome is Decent swell and the reason I use it is because the 64bit version of firefox is very buggy and doesn't work very well on my gaming computer. Also I use Safari on my Macbook air, and well I don't have much of a choice on that one :)

Chrome is definitely the best it is the fastest Firefox used to be king of the block for browsers but it became very slow over the past couple of years but Chrome is fluid. Also I checked out the new Internet Explorer and they have made it so much more better you can actually use it for something else except downloading other browsers.

Back